Wool Pressing Mat 8.5" Square
Q: Why do you sell your fabric by the half yard?
A: We sell by the half yard so that you do not have to purchase a whole yard.
Q: Is there a cheaper shipping method available?
A: No, there isn't. All shipping options available to us are offered to you at check-out at a discounted rate.
Q: Do you accept returns or cancellations?
A: We accept returns. Once an order has been processed however, it cannot be cancelled. Please see our Policy Page for further details.
Q: Can I get a sample of the fabric I am interested in?
A: At this time we do not offer samples.
Please note that due to the current Canada Post strikes that your
package may take longer than is normal to get to you.
We will do everything on our end to ensure that you receive your order
in a timely manner, but the strikes are out of our control.
Thank-you for your patience and understanding!
The Staff at Lindley General Store
Felted Wool Pressing Mat. 100% Premium Wool.
Dimensions: 8-1/2 x 8-1/2 inches.
Press any pieced or embroidered block with ease. The density of this high-quality 100% felted wool mat absorbs seams and stitches, effectively pressing both sides at once.
Block knitted projects as well by pinning them directly to the mat.
An added bonus? The texture of the wool stops fabrics from shifting so there is no distortion when pressing.
Tips and Tricks
- The pressing mat can be used with a dry iron on any surface. If using steam, place the mat on a protected surface since moisture does go through the mat and can harm the surface below.
- Never place the mat on a rotary cutting mat when pressing. The heat could warp the cutting mat.
- If mat feels damp after use, hang to air-dry before storing.
- Wash the mat occasionally by rinsing it in cold water and hanging the mat until dry – especially if using a spray starch.
- A wool mat is a handy tool for quick pressing when kept next to your sewing machine. Enjoy!